We have 16 group members now and we are expecting more (see Opportunities).
Xinxin Zhang 张欣欣
- M.E., Pharmaceutical Analysis, Zhejiang University, China (2015-2022)
- B.E., Pharmaceutical engineering, Northwest Normal University, China (2015-2019)
Xinxin Zhang joined Dr. Zhang's group in June 2023 and became a PhD student in August 2023. She works on the non-targeted analysis (NTA) of PFASs in various environmental matrices. She used to focus on the qualitative and quantitative analysis using HPLC-MS/MS, as well as evaluation of anti-inflammatory activity at the cellular level. She is an expert in HPLC-MS/MS. Outside the lab, She enjoys playing basketball and singing.
Haoran Yang 杨昊然
- B.S., Chemistry, University of Manchester (2019-2023)
Haoran became a PhD student under the supervision of Dr. Zhang in August 2023.Her previous research was primarily dedicated to exploring the utilization of computational methodologies in analyzing the collision cross section of small molecules within ion mobility mass spectrometry, with a specific focus on structural analysis. Currently, her scholarly pursuits revolve around computational research pertaining to the degradation mechanisms of PFASs. Alongside her academic pursuits, Haoran actively engages in skiing and skydiving as personal recreational activities.
Kemeng Wang 王柯蒙
- M.S., Environment Engineering, Beijing Normal University, China(2020-2023)
- B.E., Environment Engineering, Beijing Normal University, China(2016-2020)
Kemeng joined Dr. Zhang’s group in June 2023 and became a PhD student in September 2023. She works on the heterogeneous degradation of PFAS and reaction mechanism. Outside the lab, she likes watching movies and listening to music.
Huixian Gao 高慧娴
- M.E., Environmental Engineering, Tianjin University of Science and Technology, China (2020-2023)
- B.S., Environmental Science, Heibei University of Science and Technology, China (2016-2020)
Huixian joined Dr. Zhang’s group as a Research Assistant in July 2023. She is now working on the fate of PFASs in soil-plant systems. She used to focus on the uptake pathway and accumulation mechanisms of OPEs in plants. Outside the lab, she likes playing badminton and soul music.