We have 16 group members now and we are expecting more (see Opportunities).
Dr. Yanyan Zhang张岩岩
- Postdoc Researcher, Environmental Engineering, McGill University, Canada (2016-2020)
- Ph.D., Environmental Geography, Peking University, China (2010-2015)
- Visiting Student, Environmental Chemistry, the CAES, U.S. (2013-2014)
- B.S., Environmental Science, Wuhan University, China (2006-2010)
Dr. Zhang joined Westlake University in February 2021 and established the Environmental Fate and Degradation of Emerging Emerging Contaminants Lab. She efforts in combining experimental investigations and theoretical calculations to elucidate the degradation of priority and emerging contaminants and to develop innovative materials and processes for water treatment and site remediation. Outside the lab, she loves hiking, planting, and gardening.
Dr. Xinyu Guo 郭心雨
- Ph.D., Plant Nutrition, Zhejiang University (2017-2022)
- B.E., English, Huazhong University of Science & Technology (2015-2017)
- B.E., Agricultural Resources and Environment, Huazhong Agricultural University (2013-2017)
Dr. Xinyu Guo is a joint Postdoctoral Researcher under the supervision of Dr. Yanyan Zhang and Dr. Lei Wang. She joined Westlake University in May 2023. She works on the absorption, accumulation, and transformation of PFASs in plants. She used to focus on the mechanism of cell wall modification on heavy metal uptake and accumulation in plants. Outside the lab, she loves playing the piano and hiking.
Dr. Xiaolei Wang王晓磊
- Ph.D., Environmental Science, Dalian University of Technology, China (2015-2022)
- B.E., Environmental Engineering, Inner Mongolia University (2011-2015)
Dr. Xiaolei Wang is a joint Postdoctoral Researcher under the supervision of Dr. Ju Feng and Dr. Yanyan Zhang. She joined Westlake University in November 2022. She works on the biotransformation of PFASs and plastics. She used to focus on the biodegradation of anthraquinone under aerobic and anaerobic conditions. She is an expert in high-performance liquid chromatography. Outside the lab, she loves playing table tennis and tennis. Dr. Ju Feng's website link:http://www.ju-emblab.com/
Research Technician & Lab Manager
- Research Technician, University of Saskatchewan Toxicology Center, Canada (2018-2021)
- B.S., Toxicology, University of Saskatchewan, Canada (2014-2018)
Zilin joined Dr. Zhang's group in June 2021. She is responsible for various aspects at the lab, which includes training new students, maintaining analytical instruments, providing support to method development and validation of methods utilizing LC-MS/MS and other related lab equipment, maintaining standard operating procedures and security protocols, ordering inventory, scheduling staff and documentary events. Beyond the job, she enjoys indoor gardening and punk music.
- M.E., Environmental Engineering, Northwest A&F University, China (2018-2021)
- B.E., Environmental Engineering, Zhongyuan University of Technology, China (2014-2018)
Xiangyu Liu joined Dr.Zhang's group in June 2021 and became a PhD student in September 2021. He works on the analysis of PFASs in various environmental matrices. He used to work on the bioremediation of heavy metals contaminated soil. He is an expert in SPSS and Graph Prism. Outside the lab, he enjoys playing basketball.